L2 and RichRelevance Preview Initial Findings from Upcoming L2 2015 Omnichannel Study
New research and industry best practices will be presented at invite-only Demystifying Omnichannel event series in Paris (July 9), London (July14) and New York City (July 16)
San Francisco, CA – July 9 2015— RichRelevance®, the global leader in omnichannel personalization, today announced that L2, the global benchmarking firm for digital marketing, will preview key findings from its upcoming Intelligence Report: Omnichannel 2015 to attendees of RichRelevance’s Demystifying Omnichannel event series. The anticipated report, created by L2 in partnership with RichRelevance, analyzes the efforts of leading retailers to blend the digital and in-store experience in order to identify the brands and strategies that are delivering a true omnichannel experience today.
The private event will preview key findings in the critical areas of omnichannel retail, including Site Integration, Shipping & Last Mile, and In-Store & Mobile. These include:
- Real-time inventory visibility is at a tipping point. Currently 48% of US retail brands have real-time in-store inventory visibility (up from 36% in 2014) compared to 50% of UK brands and 46% of EU brands. The outlier is luxury with only 8% providing this capability.
- In-store pick-up lags. Only 31% of US retailers offer click and collect while 88% of EU retailers offer this feature.
- Email is increasingly used to drive store traffic. The use of email to promote online and in-store sales, store-only sales and hybrid fulfillment all showed gains in 2015, while the amount of emails showcasing online-only sales dropped from 35% to 31%.
- Retailers take back control of free shipping? The number of aspirational and prestige brands offering free shipping by price point continued to dwindle in 2015 (to 66% and 72% respectively.) Additionally, thresholds are on the rise, with the largest increases appearing in watches and jewelry (+$42), sportswear (+$7), apparel & accessories (+$4) and big box (+$4).
The Demystifying Omnichannel events also feature an informative, interactive session with RichRelevance and Envirosell, a consumer behavior research and consulting firm. The session will break down the key success factors for enriching omnichannel experiences and outline a 100-day plan for adopting omnichannel within an organization.
Comments on the News
- Omnichannel retail is at an inflection point. Webrooming has outpaced showrooming, and digital’s impact on all sales continues to accelerate. Retailers are shifting from a reactive mindset around omnichannel – we need to keep up with customer expectations – to a strategic one. Brands who put customers at the center of a seamlessly blended digital and physical experience continue to stand out as successful organizations.” – Maureen Mullen, Co-founder and Head of Research, L2
- Data and technology play an increasingly important role in omnichannel as retailers rise to the challenge of serving shoppers through premium personalization. The Demystifying Omnichannel events provide participants with a clearer understanding of the entire landscape of customer touchpoints and the comprehensive experience they offer across channels, as well as the insights and working documentation to apply to their own businesses. – Diane Kegley, CMO, RichRelevance
About L2 Inc.
L2 is a research firm focused on helping our member brands shape their digital roadmap and achieve greater ROI on human, creative and financial capital. L2’s proprietary Digital IQ Index® is the global standard for determining a brand’s digital competence analyzing more than 850 data points across four dimensions: Site & E-Commerce, Digital Marketing, Social Media, and Mobile & Tablet. Founded in 2010, L2 members include the world’s most iconic consumer brands. L2 research covers the beauty, CPG, drinks, food, luxury, retail, hospitality and automotive sectors across eleven geographies.